What is Hatha Yoga?
“Hatha Yoga is the phenomenon of aligning the human system with the cosmic – a way to hold one’s system in a way that it will become a receptacle to receive and hold the entire cosmos.” – Sadhguru
Hatha Yoga stems from a deep understanding of the mechanics of the body, and uses yogic postures, or yogasanas, to enable the system to sustain higher dimensions of energy.
By practicing this profound science, one can change and enhance the way they think, feel, and experience life. Hatha Yoga is about creating a body that is not a hurdle in your life. The body becomes a stepping stone in the progress towards blossoming into your ultimate possibility.
We want to take the physical form beyond its present level of limitations. In a way, Hatha Yoga means you want to make your comfort zone universal, instead of the small band that it is right now. Wherever and however you may be, you are at ease.
You can naturally achieve a chemistry of health, joy, blissfulness and above all, balance. It is a very powerful way of living. Power, not over somebody else; it’s all about power to access life.
Isha Hatha Yoga comprises of the five ancient and powerful practices that transform the body and mind into great possibilities.
- Upayoga is a set of 10 powerful practices that activate the joints, muscles and energy system. It rejuvenates the entire system.
- Angamardana is a series of 30 processes to invigorate the body and reach peak physical fitness and mental health.
- Surya Kriya is a potent 21-step yogic practice of tremendous antiquity, designed as a holistic process for health, wellness, and complete wellbeing.
- Yogasanas are a set of powerful postures for elevating one’s consciousness, stabilizing one’s mind, emotions and energy system and decelerating the aging process.
- Bhuta Shuddhi is a process of purifying the five elements within the human system leading to harmony and balance.
“Hatha Yoga is the science of using the body to prepare oneself for the ultimate possibility.” – Sadhguru